Pages

8.19.2010

Beet It


I made this simple beet and arugula salad last night that I would like to share. Now you might thinking "beets?" but, I swear you will love them. My Dad is visiting and has always been a fan, which has rubbed off on me. This is the kind of salad that you see on restaurant menus and that chefs love to make. I am telling you here that you can make it too in about 5 minutes. Beets are also super good for you and have a sweet taste that pairs great with a tart dressing and creamy feta. Give beets a chance! I promise you will like this! And let's not forget to point out what a pretty salad this is that could wow your family or guests with little effort.



Beet & Arugula Salad
Forks & Amusement 2010
Make as much as you need for your table!

arugula

sliced beets (you can use canned beets that are drained, I found bags of cooked beets in the produce section, or you can roast whole beets that have been peeled and drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper until tender)

slivered red onion

crumbled feta (you can also use goat cheese)

vinaigrette (big spoonful of Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, 4 tablespoons of vinegar, 5 tablespoons of olive oil all whisked together)


Scatter the arugula on a plate or platter. Gently place the slices of beets all around the plate and do the same with the onion. Sprinkle the feta on top and drizzle with the vinaigrette.

Enjoy!
xoxo
Erin

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...